- This event has passed.
Craft and Chat
August 11 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
A free, interactive online program that provides activities for mental, social, and emotional well-being to adults 65+ in the Okanagan.
These programs take place over the internet on a video conferencing system called Zoom. You will have a choice as to whether you would like to have your video camera on or not throughout the program.
Do you love to make things, or did you in the past? Do you knit, crochet, paint, sew, build, or have another hobby? Join us to chat about your projects or work on them as we chat. Get your creativity flowing! From time to time a special guest may join us to inspire us!
How does it work?
- You can call or use the registration form on the website to register for programs you choose at any time.
- If applicable, you will be emailed any necessary materials for the program.
- At the time of the program, if you have already downloaded zoom onto your computer:
- Open your email and click on the zoom link that was sent to you from SCWW@seniorsoutreach.ca
- Type your name if prompted
- Wait in the waiting room until the facilitator admits you
- If you have not downloaded zoom, do the following:
- Go to https://zoom.us/
- On the top of the page click “join a meeting”
- Enter the meeting ID
- Enter your meeting name, just an initial for your last name
- Please note that you may also want/need to follow the instructions to install the Zoom app
Code of Conduct
This is an inclusive and positive space for everyone! In order to maintain this space everyone must contribute respectfully. Please:
- Allow the facilitator/host to guide the group
- Respect other opinions, whether or not you agree with them
- Take turns and allow others to share too
- Be kind when you make comments to others
If you cannot abide by these rules, you may be removed from the program at the facilitator’s discretion. If you have an issue with another participant, please contact the coordinator directly.
Registration & General Contact
Telephone: 250-861-6180 ext. 1