Volunteer Tax Program
We offer a volunteer-based tax preparation program for LOW INCOME seniors with SIMPLE returns ONLY.
We are NOT tax specialists or accountants and cannot answer your detailed tax questions. Those must be referred to Canada Revenue Agency.
Tax Eligibility Questions:
- NEW FOR 2022- ONLY GIS, CPP and OAS or PWD- NO OTHER INCOME ACCEPTED
- MUST be under $30k/yr for singles or $45/yr for couples
- Will ONLY accept drop offs; we will mail your taxes back to you
- Do you have ALL of your T-slips?
- BE SURE- once your return is filed, nothing can be added electronically
- If not, you must call 1.800.959.8281
This year we would like to encourage seniors to take part in our autofill option or download the tax forms to be filled out at home and dropped off at the office Wednesdays between 10am – 3pm starting March 1st.
EXCLUSIONS: We cannot do returns for the following:
- Any self-employment income
- Interest income greater than $1,000
- Sold a home in the last 12 months
- Any employment expenses
- Business/rental property income
- Deceased Persons or the spouse
- Foreign Pensions
- Missing information
- Bankruptcy files
- Any capital gains/losses
- Major investments etc.
More Programs and Services
Senior Centre Without Walls
Senior Centre Without Walls (SCWW) aims to connect seniors to others in our local community entirely over the telephone or virtually through a computer, tablet, or smartphone . This service is available for Okanagan residents who are 65+.
Companion housing is a way of connecting compatible people to share a home and support one another in a mutually beneficial manner. Participation is available as a home provider (host) where you will rent out a spare room in your home to a person of your choice, which could be a 55+ adult, or even a responsible university student.
Information & Referral
Our information & referral service helps connect seniors with resources available in our community.
We are here to listen to your concerns, help you find answers, solve problems, and connect you or a loved one to needed supports..