Volunteer Tax Program
We offer a volunteer-based tax preparation program for LOW INCOME seniors with SIMPLE returns ONLY.
We are NOT tax specialists or accountants and cannot answer your detailed tax questions. Those must be referred to Canada Revenue Agency.
Tax Eligibility Questions:
- MUST be 60+ years of age or 55+ with disability
- MUST be under $35k/yr for singles or $45/yr for couples
- Unless processing your taxes via Autofill, you MUST come into the office to drop off and pick up your tax forms. Couples MUST come in together.
This year we would like to encourage seniors to take part in our autofill option or download the tax forms to be filled out at home and dropped off at the office Wednesdays between 10am–2pm starting March 1st.
Starting March 1st, volunteers who process tax returns will be available every Wednesday from 10am-2pm during March/April.
Community Volunteer Income Tax Program Authorization Form
EXCLUSIONS: We cannot do returns for the following:
- Any self-employment income
- Interest and/or investment income greater than $1,000
- Capital gains or losses: on dispositions of shares, stocks, assets
- Business and/or rental income and expenses
- Ownership of foreign property
- Sold a home in the last 12 months
- Any employment expenses
- Deceased Persons or spouses
- Foreign Pensions
- Missing information
- Bankruptcy files
- Total income above $35,000 for single people
- Total income above $45,000 for couples
More Programs and Services
Senior Centre Without Walls
Senior Centre Without Walls (SCWW) aims to connect seniors to others in our local community entirely over the telephone or virtually through a computer, tablet, or smartphone . This service is available for Okanagan residents who are 65+.